5 YEAR B. A., LL. B. AND 3 YEARS LL.B.
THE COURSE & DURATION
- Regulations. B. A., LL. B. integrated double degree course combines Bachelors’ degree course in Arts together with the Bachelors’ degree course in law.
- The duration of the B. A., LL. B. course shall be 5 academic years consisting of 10 Semesters.
- The duration of the LL.B. course shall be 3 academic years consisting of 6 semesters.
- Each Academic Year shall be divided into two Semesters.
- Each Semester shall consist of 18 weeks.
- The papers and the syllabus shall be as given in the Schedule appended to these regulations.
INSTRUCTIONS, PRACTICAL TRAINING AND INTERNSHIP COURSE
- Instructions and training for the course shall be not less than 30 class-hours per week including tutorials, moot room exercise and seminars provided there shall be at least 24 lecture hours per week.
- There shall be for each paper four class hours of one hour duration each and one hour of tutorial/moot court/project work per week.
- Each registered student shall have completed minimum of 20 weeks of internship during the entire period of legal studies under NGO, Trial and Appellate Advocates, Judiciary, Legal Regulatory authorities, Legislatures and Parliament, other Legal Functionaries, Market Institutions, Law Firms, Companies and Local Self Government.
- The internship in any year cannot be for a continuous period of more than Four Weeks and all students shall at least gone through once in the entire academic period with Trial and Appellate Advocates.
- Each student shall keep internship diary in the form stipulated by the University and the same shall be evaluated by the Guide in Internship and also a Core Faculty member
of the staff each time. The total mark shall be assessed in the Final Semester of the course in the 4th Clinical course as stipulated under the Schedule appended to these Regulations.