Admission to the course shall be made strictly on the basis of the merit taking into account total marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates admitted to the 5 Years B. A., LL. B. course shall have to attend 10 Semester courses spread over 5 years.
- Candidates admitted to the 3 Years LL. B. course shall have to attend 6 Semester courses spread over 3 years.
- In each Semester, the students shall have to study the courses prescribed by the University in these Regulations.
- The course descriptions shall be, as set out from time to time, in the Schedule.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction in the Five Year B. A., LL. B. degree course shall be English. However, the examines shall have the option to answer the question papers in the examination either in English or in Kannada.
No student shall be permitted to appear for the end-of-semester examination in a given course unless he/she has, to the satisfaction of the course teacher, fulfilled the course requirements and has put in not less than 70% attendance in the course concerned.
Provided that a student who has attended not less than 65% of classes in each of the subjects prescribed may be permitted to keep the term for reasons to be recorded in writing and to the satisfaction of the Principal of the College or the Dean of the Faculty as the case may be.
PROHIBITION AGAINST LATERAL ENTRY AND EXIT
There shall be no lateral entry on the plea of graduation in any subject or exit by way of awarding a degree splitting the integrated double degree course, at any intermediary stage of integrated double degree course.
No student shall be promoted to the next year of the course unless he/she has passed in a minimum of one subject in each semester.
AWARD OF THE DEGREE
A student shall be eligible for the award of the B. A., LL. B. (Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws) Degree after he/she has successfully completed all the prescribed courses in all the semesters and his or her character and conduct are found to be satisfactory during the course.
AWARD OF CLASSES
The award of classes shall be as under:
- 70% and more First Class with Distinction
- 60% and above but less than 70% First Class
- 50% and above but less than 60% Second Class
- 40% and above but less than 50% Pass Class